What we do
CMIL-Kenya acts as a think tank and focuses its activities on media and information literacy advocacy, access to information and civic engagement for development and improved governance through research, workshops, training, curriculum development, round-tables and awareness creation involving experts, local and external partners, and media; and has created valuable partnerships with local and international players in the furtherance of media and information literacy initiatives in Kenya.
Our Programme Areas
- Introduction and Consolidation of MIL activities in Kenya.
- Conducting MIL Research, Baseline Surveys and Consultancy.
- Coordinating Development of National MIL Policy and Strategy.
- MIL Capacity Building for various Citizen Groups.
- Forging National, Regional and International Partnerships for MIL Development in Kenya
- Implementing the Kenya Media and Information Literacy Project in Consultation with Partners.
- Capacity Building for Youth Organizations on Media and Information Literacy.
- Conducting Media and Information Literacy Baseline Surveys and Research.
- Convening National MIL Consultative Meetings and Round-tables.
- Undertaking Media and Information Literacy Awareness Creation.
- Implementing Civic Engagement and Public Participation activities.
2015 - 2021
Sept 13, 2016
Mil Capacity Building for Youth Organisations’ Leaders in Kenya
The Centre for Media and Information Literacy in Kenya (CMIL-Kenya) and UNESCO have planned a 3-day media and information literacy (MIL) capacity building for membership-based youth led organisations in Kenya
Sept 03, 2016
UNESCO Supports MIL Workshop for Youth Leaders in Kenya
Background As the world moves towards ‘knowledge societies’, timely access to relevant, useful and quality information is critical for making informed decisions and improving the lives of the people. With
May 03, 2016
The SwedKen MIL Project
CMIL-Kenya & KICD Partner with University of Boras, Sweden on MIL Capacity Building of Teachers & Librarians in Kenya CMIL-Kenya in partnership with Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) and
Jul 28, 2016
CMIL-Kenya UNESCO Conduct MIL Capacity Building of Youth Organisations’ Leaders in Kenya
CMIL-KENYA has partnered with UNESCO to promote the uptake of media & information literacy in Kenya in a project entitled National MIL Consultations and Capacity Building of Youth Leaders. The
Jul 25, 2016
CMIL-Kenya participates in PVE Workshop
CMIL-Kenya Participates in Education for Peace Workshop in Ethiopia CMIL-Kenya early this year participated in the capacity building workshop on Prevention of Violence through education in Sub-Saharan Africa for education