What we do
What we do
CMIL-Kenya acts as a think tank and focuses its activities on media and information literacy advocacy, access to information and civic engagement for development and improved governance through research, workshops, training, curriculum development, round-tables and awareness creation involving experts, local and external partners, and media; and has created valuable partnerships with local and international players in the furtherance of media and information literacy initiatives in Kenya.
Our Programme Areas
- Introduction and Consolidation of MIL activities in Kenya.
- Conducting MIL Research, Baseline Surveys and Consultancy.
- Coordinating Development of National MIL Policy and Strategy.
- MIL Capacity Building for various Citizen Groups.
- Forging National, Regional and International Partnerships for MIL Development in Kenya
- Implementing the Kenya Media and Information Literacy Project in Consultation with Partners.
- Capacity Building for Youth Organizations on Media and Information Literacy.
- Conducting Media and Information Literacy Baseline Surveys and Research.
- Convening National MIL Consultative Meetings and Round-tables.
- Undertaking Media and Information Literacy Awareness Creation.
- Implementing Civic Engagement and Public Participation activities.